AO 2.6 has been released! This release adds new features to the official client, including guilty/not guilty buttons, the ability to pair up with a co-prosecutor or co-defense on the same bench, a markup language for modifying text color and speed, as well as a settings dialog. Here is a full list of additions:
- Overhauled theme
- Guilty/not guilty buttons
- Area menu
- Pairing – Two characters can occupy the same position simultaneously using the “Pair” button.
- The in-character message log now scrolls down by default (for performance reasons).
- Markup language for inline colors and text speed
- Custom in-character names
- Non-interrupting preanimations
- Extended area support
- Extended case announcement support
- Mod call reason
- Settings dialog
- Variable log limits
- APNG and Opus content support
- Animated backgrounds support
- Custom audio device selection
- IC export using
- Seance and juror positions
Both full and update versions have been linked on the home page, and if you have the experimental launcher, you should have already received an update notification.
I’ll be working to get the Linux version up on the website and the official server updated as well (once activity dies down a bit). In the meantime, please report back with any bugs that you may find.
Server owners and theme authors will need to make changes to support the new features, although old servers and themes will still work as usual.